Zhidong HAO 郝志東
Ph.D. in Sociology, City University of New York, 1995
M.A. in English, East China Normal University, Shanghai, China, 1988
B.A. (equivalent) in English, Nankai University, Tianjin, 1975
- Sociology of Intellectuals and Professionals
- Sociology of Higher Education
- Sociology of Religion
- Rural Development in China
- Cross-Strait Relations
- Taiwan Studies
- Macao History and Society
- Responsible Gambling
- Ethnic Studies
The Dynamics of Professorial Work: A Comparative Study of the Role of Faculty in Different Cultural Contexts
2011 – 2014
Political Reform in China: A Roadmap
2011 – 2014
Catholicism and Civil Society in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and Mainland China
In Search of Best Practices: Responsible Gambling in Macau, Las Vegas, and Melbourne
Happiness Index of Youths in Gaming and Non-gaming Sectors in Macau
2003 - 2010
Intellectuals and Rural Development in China
2003 - 2005
Macau History and Society
● Zhidong Hao. 2014 (forthcoming). 《兩岸四地政治與社會剖析》(Politics and society in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and mainland China). Macau: University of Macau.
● Zhidong Hao and Sheying Chen (eds.). 2014. Social Issues in China: Gender, Ethnicity, Labor, and the Environment. New York: Springer.
● Zhidong Hao (ed.) 2013. 《公民社會：中國大陸與港澳臺》(Civil society: Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan). Singapore: World Scientific and Macau: University of Macau.
● Hao, Zhidong. 2011. Macau History and Society. Hong Kong: Hong Kong University Press in joint publication with the University of Macau.
● Hao, Zhidong and Zhigang Hao. 2009.《西郊村：一個華北農莊的歷史變遷》(The Village of Xijiao: The Historical Transformation of a Village in Northern China). Macao: University of Macau, 359 pp.
● Hao, Zhidong. 2008. 《走向民主與和諧：澳門、臺灣與大陸社會進步的艱難歷程》 (Toward Democracy and Harmony: Difficulties in Social Progress in Macao, Taiwan, and Mainland China). Macao: Hobbs Media Company, Ltd.
● Hao, Zhidong and Liao Kun-jung (eds). 2008. 《兩岸鄉村治理比較》 (A Comparative Study on Rural Governance across the Taiwan Strait). Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press.
MAJOR AWARDS AND HONORS
|2007||What it means to be a Peasant: A Case Study of a Village in Northern China, second prize winning paper, presented at the 17th annual conference of the Chinese Sociological Association in Changsha.|
Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition of “Outstanding and Invaluable Service to the Community,” signed by Ms. Linda J. Sanchez, a member of the House of Representatives, Congress of the United States.
|2002 - 2003|
Fulbright Scholar Research Award
SOCB-110 Introduction to Sociology
SOCY-201 Macao History and Society
SOCB-210 Sociological Theories
SOCB-252 Development and Globalization
SOCY-402 Selected Topics in Sociology and Anthropology II
SOCY-461 Integrative Seminar and Paper in the Major